SAM Industrial Supplies acknowledges that the contract will be implemented under hazardous, harsh and hostile conditions, in country with armed conflict and civil unrest.
Health, Safety, and Environment Policy
Central to SAM Industrial Supplies’ business culture is the understanding that a safe and healthy workforce builds business success.
Our commitment to the safety, health and wellbeing of our employees and everyone affected by our undertakings, including contractors, visitors and neighbors is underpinned by the philosophy that no job is worth an injury and the belief that all injuries and work related diseases are preventable.
- Provide and maintain safe workplaces, systems, plant and equipment;
- Provide supervision and information to ensure our people are safe at work;
- Apply work procedures and systems that identify hazards and assess and manage risks through elimination or other appropriate control measures;
- Assess and continuously review the safety management and safety performance of subcontractors’ and suppliers to ensure our employees are not exposed to unacceptable risks;
- Comply with all applicable laws, standards, regulations and best practices while aspiring to exceed these;
- Where practicable, apply the higher of our own standards, the customer’s standards or the appropriate legislated
Health and Safety requirements;
- Report, investigate and share all incidents and near misses in order to maximize learning and prevent similar events in the future;
SAM Industrial Supplies recognizes that the success of this Safety and Health Policy relies on the total commitment and cooperation of management and staff – a unified approach.
It is the responsibility of all individuals to achieve a safe and healthy workplace.